CarraFix is a donateware written by two french guy : Pat++ and Macsnow. Please contact us at email@example.com
Thanks to OBScarabée and Moa for beta testing and docs.
Thanks to Néo.fr, Xiupe and Uncle Sibbz for graphic design.
To download CarraFix 2.5 FOR 10.2.x ONLY, click here : Carrafix 2.5.dmg
To download CarraFix 2.1 FOR 10.1.x ONLY, click here : Carrafix 2.1_FOR_10.1.x.dmg (take care : CarraFix version beyond the 2.1 will NOT support 10.1, and current release for 10.1 is not fully optimized !)
You can support CarraFix programmers by making a free donation with www.paypal.com (donation email is firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have problems with paypal.com, you can contact us for free donations at email@example.com, it may be easier for french and european people ;-)
Carrafix History :
2.5 : (15/02/03)
- Allow unlimited custom Service/Port creation.
- Fully Customizable BandWidth range.
- Display the service type for each upload and its rate. Can prioritize per Service !
- Allow Download rate control ! Downloads starts are now accelerated !
- Fix display when starting a download (no more "ONE OF YOU UPLOADS" when download).
- Rewritten port and ipfw rules management, behave better under low rules avaibility.
- Few bug/crash fix (in particular when setting log path).
- New icon now that CarraFix is multi services !
- Minor graphic changes to display error in Alert Dialogs.
- New Preferences management (100% Cocoa/XML). More flexible and powerful.
- Display the upload rate per user in KBytes/s. You'll know at what REAL speed do you upload to each user !
- Default Priority works. You can set a default low priority for all guests and a higher one for each account holders !.
- Priority mode now works for clients (don't need "Downloads" log file).
- Fix 2 critical bugs (array overflow) which silently stopped all upload/download !
- New Log File Parser, much faster !
- better code optimization
- CarraFix goes automatically in StandBy Mode when there is no activity (consume virtually 0% CPU then)
- Minor bug and user interface fixes
- Very stable :-)
- NEW (12-dec-02) : Added FULL German and Japanese localization. Minor English interface fix.
- Correctly save Settings at the end of a Session if necessary (sorry).
- New Feature : CarraFix has a Priority Mode where you can manage bandwidth per user ! Your own client uploads are now manageable too !
- Avoid TCP congestions using RED (Random Early Detection) algorithm.
- New ACK packets management for even better downloads priority, even when capping strongly your upload throughput.
- Fix a bug due to Carracho b8 which badly write in it's log file.
- You can have REAL-TIME information on the users : what are their IP adress and since when do they download, all in a unique view.
- The visual gauges are now rightfully flushed. No more full jauges when there is no activity.
- Many bug fixes and optimization : less CPU and RAM are consumed : The final 2.0 version add many other optimizations compared to the beta. On my G4/400, Global Mode use less than 1% of the CPU.
- Smoother discontinuity of the upload/downloads when quitting CarraFix.
- The users listed in the drawer don't disappear anymore and CarraFix keep their priority during the session.
- The ports management has been greatly improved. More ports are offered and their selection is now correctly saved.
- A old and pernicious bug has been fixed. CarraFix now won't quit silently blocking the upload/download.
- Far better compatibility and performance with eDonkey Network.
- new User Interface. You have now better control of the Upload Throughput. You can enter value directly.
- new ReadMe and idea for the future ;-)
- the app is now relocatable (AT INSTALLATION ONLY)
- eat far less CPU (now, max is 4%)
- fix the misplaced help window and the "About" Menu problems for English languages.
- fix a possible memory leak
- (finally !) fix the privilege problem when you wanted to delete the app (only admin can now).
- fix bad preferences saving when closing the window
- Compatible with Jaguar :)
- Settings are now saved at the end of a session if you want.
- Fix a bug when changing your connection type, and recompute the default pause between packets.
- More aqua-like error messages (no connection, save error...)
- No more crashs on launch when no active connection is found !
- No more rights problem to remove CarraFix
- More Mac-like menu (About, Help...)
- Code cleaning for public release...
- Fix a bug when you have many active interface simultaneously (for example an Airport base connected to a modem). This fix should avoid crash on launch !
- Carrafix doesn't finish its launch when no active connection is found but doesn't crash :-/ .
- Essential Bug fix for Firewall users. Should avoid crash on launch !
- Several ports (server types) are possible at the same time ! (You can CarraFix' Carracho AND Hotline together !)
- Theorical Upload throughput indications are now numeric values instead of sharpless "Min", "Default", "Max".
- More settings for High Speed connection type.
- "Other Port" is now enabled when you press Enter.
- Many internal changes and bug fixes